The Great Commission is an awesome responsibility that the Lord has given to the local New Testament Church. It is, at times, an endeavor that seems overwhelming when we think of the 7+ billion souls on the earth today and that the Lord wants the church to reach them with the Gospel in our generation. The Lord not only gave us the command “to go,” but He also has given us His plan in the scriptures to know how to carry out His Great Commission. God has many players that He wants to involve in this process: the local church members, the pastor, the missionaries, the prayer warriors, the missions evangelist, the missions agency, etc. Those who go and those who send are on the same “world team.”
It will take a concerted effort on the part of those participants and the coordinating of everyone involved. How will this goal be accomplished?
- By training through teaching and preaching
- By planning, establishing, and strengthening a missions program through:
- Establishing a definable missions policy
- Developing a faith-based missions budget
- Planning a yearly world missions conference
- By seeking and working with qualified missionaries to support
To be of assistance to you and your church with any of these needs as you carry out the Great Commission.
“The world-wide proclamation of the gospel awaits accomplishment by a generation which shall have the obedience, courage, and determination to attempt the task”
John A. Mott